Unity Earth Care is the type of organization that combines all of the Unity Principles along with earth conscious related practices
A strategy that is best to do first is to understand the seven steps that will help you with this whole process. This group recognizes the physical part of the plant as well as the spiritual commitment and envisioning essential parts to reaching our goals of this program
The Seven Steps to EarthCare
• Pray – Our consciousness of god opens up a way for ideas, inspiration, and guidance to flow. When first beginning EarthCare you must create a consciousness to work with and through prayer. Prayer can guide the ministry to its own unique expressions of caring.
• Vision- As soon as a ministry decides, through prayer, to become apart of EarthCare you can then create a vision of what you want to achieve from it. As soon as that is all decided you can then make a covenant of a mission statement to finalize everything.
When developing your vision for EarthCare the congregation may want to hold a prayerful dialogue by asking questions like...
a.) How do we perceive God?
b.) What is our relationship to earth as God's creation?
c.) How may we be good steward of Earth?
• Inspire- When we have some inspiration, our prayers and vision begin to move into outer expression. ministries can inspire care of the earth by including an earth focus in their activities, such as Sunday service, prayer, songs, and special ceromonies. The Truth that god is everywhere and in everything of creation becomes alive in peoples minds and hearts then it translates into peoples daily actions.
• Learn- Preparing for future action may help if you to go out into the world and find any resources that you might think will help. When you even hold a ecducational activity at your own church you can all come together and brainstorm ideas and find new ways you could connect with the earth.
• Take Action- Taking a part in loving care for the earth may require a couple of things like; time, energy, and money. These will all depend mainly on what your congregation has as their vision. It is encouraged that when thinking of your vision to keep in mind if it is sustainable in your lifestyle. What ever activities you choose can be simple of complex you can even branch out to your community and bring them apart of it as well.
• Share- Sharing your ideas is successful through may ways; word-of-mouth, presentation, and any form of news media. Talking amongst other groups helps to remind you that your are not alone in our common goal. When we raise awareness of our common goal we unite in action to care for humanity and the planet.
• Renew- During all of the seasons there can be any kind of energy flow going on. Whether it is high or low we must be sure to keep up with our goal. Even in the slow winter we could simply say a prayer every week to focus on caring for the earth.
Once your chapter has began to understand what they have in mind you will want to write a covenant… What is a covenant?!?
The word covenant is just a fancy way to say agreement. Really all you are going to be doing is agreeing to focus on EarthCare and creating a vision of how you want to pursue caring for the Earth.